This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.9772 / 51°58'37"N
Longitude: -1.4279 / 1°25'40"W
OS Eastings: 439395
OS Northings: 231120
OS Grid: SP393311
Mapcode National: GBR 6SJ.5S5
Mapcode Global: VHBZ4.6KHN
Entry Name: Shelter Shed Range and Attached Walls Approximately 60 Metres to South of Roundhill Farmhouse
Listing Date: 18 May 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1052571
English Heritage Legacy ID: 251827
Location: Great Tew, West Oxfordshire, Oxfordshire, OX7
District: West Oxfordshire
Civil Parish: Great Tew
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Great Tew
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
GREAT TEW A361
SP33SE (South side)
2/14 Shelter shed range and
attached walls approx. 60m. to
S of Roundhill Farmhouse
Shelter shed and former cartshed. Later C18/early C19. Coursed squared
marlstone; Stonesfield-slate roofs. Hipped-roofed 4-bay open shelter forms west
side of foldyard and range terminates in a pavilion-like cartshed, with a
blocked 2-bay open front facing south and flanked by stepped ashlar buttresses.
Interiors not inspected. Attached foldyard walls run north to secondary gate and
across south side of yard to main gate; both sections have 2-course triangular
copings. The buildings form an important element in the farm landscape developed
by J.C. Loudon c.1810.
Listing NGR: SP3939531120
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings