This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.8658 / 51°51'56"N
Longitude: -1.6173 / 1°37'2"W
OS Eastings: 426445
OS Northings: 218648
OS Grid: SP264186
Mapcode National: GBR 5S3.ZX8
Mapcode Global: VHBZL.XCBJ
Entry Name: Lychgate and Churchyard Boundary Walls to West and North and to West of Former School
Listing Date: 5 February 1976
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1052576
English Heritage Legacy ID: 251737
Location: Milton-under-Wychwood, West Oxfordshire, Oxfordshire, OX7
District: West Oxfordshire
Civil Parish: Milton-under-Wychwood
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Milton-under-Wychwood
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
MILTON-UNDER-WYCHWOOD CHURCH ROAD
Lychgate and Churchyard
boundary walls to west
and north and to west of
Lychgate and churchyard boundary walls. 1853-4, Architect G E Street (Oxford
Diocesan Architect). Rubble with weathered coping and roll ridge - a Street specia-
lity. The wall is low, about 3-5 ft high, stepped down the slope and forming the
west boundary of both the former school (qv) and the Church of SS Simon and Jude
(qv), a section is returned to form the north boundary wall of the churchyard.
Wall is angled in at lychgate with styles. The lychgate has been restored, oak on
stone base; C13 French Gothic detail, partly damaged, chamfers with pyramidal stops;
cusped bargeboard and concrete tile roof; internally 2 bays with central base truss;
C20 Street style gates.
Listing NGR: SP2644518648
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings