This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.6712 / 51°40'16"N
Longitude: -1.6346 / 1°38'4"W
OS Eastings: 425367
OS Northings: 197000
OS Grid: SU253970
Mapcode National: GBR 5VM.1LJ
Mapcode Global: VHC0K.M876
Entry Name: Bell House
Listing Date: 23 November 1990
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1052668
English Heritage Legacy ID: 251554
Location: Eaton Hastings, Vale of White Horse, Oxfordshire, SN7
District: Vale of White Horse
Civil Parish: Eaton Hastings
Traditional County: Berkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Eaton Hastings
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
EATON HASTINGS LECHLADE ROAD (North
Village school and school house, now dwelling. Circa 1890, by Sir Ernest
George and Alfred Yeates for Alexander Henderson of Buscot Park. Cotswold
Coursed rubble stone, stone dressings with a gabled stone tiled roof and
tall stone ridge stack. L shaped plan with the former school room in the W
wing at right angles to the road. Large mullioned and transomed window to
former school room, 3 and 4-light mullioned windows with leaded casements
elsewhere. One large dormer through the eaves line with a hipped stone
tiled roof with dripstone and plank door with leaded lights. An open wood
bell turret with a shaped lead cap rises from where the 2 wings meet.
Included for group value.
Listing NGR: SU2536797000
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings