This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.676 / 51°40'33"N
Longitude: -1.6677 / 1°40'3"W
OS Eastings: 423070
OS Northings: 197520
OS Grid: SU230975
Mapcode National: GBR 5VC.Z0K
Mapcode Global: VHC0K.14PJ
Entry Name: The Apple Tree Inn
Listing Date: 23 November 1990
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1052712
English Heritage Legacy ID: 251463
Location: Buscot, Vale of White Horse, Oxfordshire, SN7
District: Vale of White Horse
Civil Parish: Buscot
Traditional County: Berkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Buscot
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
BUSCOT LECHLADE ROAD
SU2397 The Apple Tree Inn
Public house. C18 range of rubble stone with dressed stone quoins and
gabled stone tiled roof enlarged in 1863 by an E addition of colourwashed
brick with gabled machine tiled roof. The C18 section comprises 2 storeys;
2-window range with 2 gabled stone tiled dormers and end brick stacks, that
to the W on a stone base. Blocked dressings to windows, modern 2- and 3-
light casements with single glazing bars. Moulded architrave to doorway,
modern door. The C19 range is of 2 storeys and 3 bays with modern door in
left hand bay. The interiors of both ranges have been fully modernised.
The inn was formerly The Campbell Arms named after Robert Tertuis Campbell
who acquired Buscot Park in 1859 and who enlarged the premises in 1863 to
cater for his estate workers.
Listing NGR: SU2307097520
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings