This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.676 / 51°40'33"N
Longitude: -1.6664 / 1°39'58"W
OS Eastings: 423164
OS Northings: 197520
OS Grid: SU231975
Mapcode National: GBR 5VC.ZFG
Mapcode Global: VHC0K.24DJ
Entry Name: Hill's Yard
Listing Date: 23 November 1990
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1052714
English Heritage Legacy ID: 251465
Location: Buscot, Vale of White Horse, Oxfordshire, SN7
District: Vale of White Horse
Civil Parish: Buscot
Traditional County: Berkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Buscot
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
BUSCOT LECHLADE ROAD
SU2397 Hill's Yard
A rectangular block of stables and cowsheds now the premises of a small
engineering firm. Built at the expense of Alexander Henderson of Buscot
Park in 1891 as recorded on a plaque on the roadside wall of the stables.
Most probably designed by Sir Ernest George and Alfred Yeates as the block
forms a group with other estate buildings designed by the partnership for
Henderson in the 1890s. Rock faced with stone dressings and machine tiled
roofs. Some stalls survive, others have been removed to accommodate
Listing NGR: SU2316497520
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings