This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.6437 / 51°38'37"N
Longitude: -1.2753 / 1°16'31"W
OS Eastings: 450241
OS Northings: 194129
OS Grid: SU502941
Mapcode National: GBR 7YY.VT6
Mapcode Global: VHCY6.VY49
Entry Name: West Gatepier Approximately 20 Metres South East of the Manor House
Listing Date: 6 August 1952
Last Amended: 19 February 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1052734
English Heritage Legacy ID: 251423
Location: Sutton Courtenay, Vale of White Horse, Oxfordshire, OX14
District: Vale of White Horse
Civil Parish: Sutton Courtenay
Built-Up Area: Sutton Courtenay
Traditional County: Berkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Sutton Courtenay
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
SUTTON COURTENAY CHURCH STREET
SU5094 (West side)
7/107 WestGatepier approx. 20m SE of
06/08/52 The Manor House
(Formerly listed as No.7 (The e
Manor House including
gatepiers and barn))
Gatepier. Circa 1670. Stone ashlar. Square pier. Stone banding to sides.
Round-topped niches to sides facing house, and opposing side. Cornice to top
with pulvinated frieze, the centre of each side breaks forward on brackets. Ball
finial. One of a pair of gatepiers marking former path of entrance drive.
Similar to the gatepiers at Coleshill by Sir Roger Pratt.
Listing NGR: SU5024194129
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings