History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Church Cottages

A Grade II Listed Building in Chadlington, Oxfordshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.8961 / 51°53'45"N

Longitude: -1.5165 / 1°30'59"W

OS Eastings: 433369

OS Northings: 222058

OS Grid: SP333220

Mapcode National: GBR 6TD.1FN

Mapcode Global: VHBZG.NLNT

Entry Name: Church Cottages

Listing Date: 30 August 1988

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1052833

English Heritage Legacy ID: 253192

Location: Chadlington, West Oxfordshire, Oxfordshire, OX7

County: Oxfordshire

District: West Oxfordshire

Civil Parish: Chadlington

Built-Up Area: Chadlington

Traditional County: Oxfordshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire

Church of England Parish: Chadlington

Church of England Diocese: Oxford

Find accommodation in
Chadlington

Listing Text

SP32SW
7/11

CHADLINGTON
EASTEND
(North side)
Nos.1 and 2 Church Cottages

GV
II

House and cottage, formerly subdivided. C17, possibly partly earlier, and C18.
Coursed limestone rubble with squared quoins and wooden lintels; concrete
plain-tile roofs with rebuilt brick and rubble stacks. 3-unit and single-unit
plans in a single range. 2 storeys plus attic. 3-window front of No.1 to left
has, at first floor, two 3-light casements with moulded lintels and, to right, a
2-light casement with a plain lintel; at ground floor are three 2-light
casements (one with leaded glazing), the doorway and, to right, a 3-light
casement, all with chamfered lintels. The second window from the left was
formerly a doorway. No.2 has a 2-light casement at each floor plus the door, set
to left; the steep-pitched roof has a C20 dormer, and there is a 2-light
wood-mullioned window in the right gable. It is said to have been built in 1763
but may incorporate elements of earlier work. Interior not inspected. Church
property until 1920 and sometimes occupied by the curate of the chapelry of
Chadlington.
(The Hon. T.G. Roche; Historical Notes on Chadlington and its Church, 1971)

Listing NGR: SP3336922058

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.