History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Barn and Attached Farm Building at Park Farm

A Grade II Listed Building in Tackley, Oxfordshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.8773 / 51°52'38"N

Longitude: -1.3076 / 1°18'27"W

OS Eastings: 447757

OS Northings: 220088

OS Grid: SP477200

Mapcode National: GBR 7W6.66Y

Mapcode Global: VHCX7.921N

Entry Name: Barn and Attached Farm Building at Park Farm

Listing Date: 27 July 1988

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1052864

English Heritage Legacy ID: 253065

Location: Tackley, West Oxfordshire, Oxfordshire, OX5

County: Oxfordshire

District: West Oxfordshire

Civil Parish: Tackley

Traditional County: Oxfordshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire

Church of England Parish: Tackley

Church of England Diocese: Oxford

Find accommodation in
Kirtlington

Listing Text

TACKLEY TACKLEY PARK
SP4720
5/76 Barn and attached farmbuilding
at Park Farm
- II
Barn and attached farmbuilding. Barn is dated 1631 and 1743; attached building
to rear is probably of 1743. Mid C20 alterations. Squared coursed limestone.
Stone slate roofs. 5 bays. 2 altered segmental-arched doorways have 2-light
cross-glazed casements above. Left doorway has mid C20 sliding door in slightly
reduced opening. Blocked right doorway has large wood lintel inserted below
arch, and 5-light window with glazing bars. Central cross window has stone flat
arch. Vents. Left return side has 3 blind painted arches of varying sizes, with
stable door inserted in left arch. Gable has similar arch with square opening
inserted. Datestone is inscribed JM 1743. Lower building to left has 2 blind
openings. Coped gable parapet has blind semi-circular opening. Right return side
has coped gable parapet with stone inscribed IH; a small stone below it is
inscribed 1631 in a different script. Central blank stone panel has brick
surround. Datestone to right is inscribed JM 1743. Blank panel above has
cartouche of arms and crest. Owl hole has brick surround. Rear is altered.
Interior not inspected.


Listing NGR: SP4775720088

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.