This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.8426 / 51°50'33"N
Longitude: -1.4765 / 1°28'35"W
OS Eastings: 436162
OS Northings: 216129
OS Grid: SP361161
Mapcode National: GBR 6V0.KHM
Mapcode Global: VHBZP.CY9B
Entry Name: The Plough Inn
Listing Date: 11 June 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1053123
English Heritage Legacy ID: 252478
Location: Finstock, West Oxfordshire, Oxfordshire, OX7
District: West Oxfordshire
Civil Parish: Finstock
Built-Up Area: Finstock
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Finstock with Fawler
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
FINSTOCK HIGH STREET
SP3616 (South side)
17/37 The Plough Inn
House, now inn. Dated 1772. Late C18 or early C19 additions and further late C20
alterations. Roughly squared and coursed limestone with stone dressings.
Thatched roof. Two-unit plan with additions to left and right (see straight
joint to right). Two storeys with one-storey addition to left. Integral brick
end stacks. Three-window front; segmental-headed wooden casements with stone
voussoirs and cills. Ground-floor windows with beaded flush-panelled shutters.
Doorway between first and second windows from left with pair of C20 two-panelled
doors and flat arch with dated raised keystone. One-storey addition to left with
truncated stone ridge stack and openings altered in C20. Interior opened out,
formerly a through passage with rooms to each side. Chamfered spine beams and
plain joists. Inglenook fireplace in right-hand ground-floor room.
Listing NGR: SP3616216129
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings