This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7472 / 51°44'50"N
Longitude: -1.3986 / 1°23'54"W
OS Eastings: 441616
OS Northings: 205565
OS Grid: SP416055
Mapcode National: GBR 7XM.F6Q
Mapcode Global: VHC09.PBZX
Entry Name: Dovecote Approximately 105 Metres South South East of Harcourt House
Listing Date: 17 October 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1053136
English Heritage Legacy ID: 252410
Location: Stanton Harcourt, West Oxfordshire, Oxfordshire, OX29
District: West Oxfordshire
Civil Parish: Stanton Harcourt
Built-Up Area: Stanton Harcourt
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Stanton Harcourt
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
STANTON HARCOURT HARCOURT HOUSE
21/326 Dovecote approx. 105m. SSE of
Dovecote. C17. Coursed limestone rubble, with dressed quoins and chamfered
plinth; pyramidal stone slate roof. Square plan. Timber lintel aver door. Hipped
roof dormer to left. Later extensions to sides and rear. Interior; brick nesting
holes with stone perches. Similar to the dovecote at Parsonage House (q.v.).
which is late C17. Shown on early C18 maps as having been attached to the
service end of the former medieval manor house, demolished c.1750.
Listing NGR: SP4161605565
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings