History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Lincoln Farmhouse and Attached Wall

A Grade II Listed Building in Standlake, Oxfordshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.7232 / 51°43'23"N

Longitude: -1.4297 / 1°25'46"W

OS Eastings: 439490

OS Northings: 202873

OS Grid: SP394028

Mapcode National: GBR 6WF.Z8K

Mapcode Global: VHC09.5YJC

Entry Name: Lincoln Farmhouse and Attached Wall

Listing Date: 12 September 1955

Last Amended: 17 October 1988

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1053154

English Heritage Legacy ID: 252356

Location: Standlake, West Oxfordshire, Oxfordshire, OX29

County: Oxfordshire

District: West Oxfordshire

Civil Parish: Standlake

Built-Up Area: Standlake

Traditional County: Oxfordshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire

Church of England Parish: Standlake

Church of England Diocese: Oxford

Find accommodation in
Standlake

Listing Text

SP30SE STANDLAKE HIGH STREET
10/272 (South side)
12/09/55 Lincoln Farmhouse and attached
wall
(Formerly listed as Lincoln
Farmhouse)

- II

Farmhouse. Late C15; extended to left of door and remodelled in C17; late C19
alterations. Coursed limestone rubble, partly colourwashed, and render over
first-floor timber frame to right; gabled stone slate roof, and artificial stone
slates to rear; stone left end and ridge stacks; right wing has lateral moulded
stone stack. 3-unit plan with cross wing to right. 2 storeys; 4-window range,
including gable end of right wing. C20 2-light casements above late C19
half-glazed door with timber porch in second bay from left. Timber lintels and
flat rendered arches over late C19 horned sashes. C16 hollow-chamfered
round-headed window reset in left side wall of right wing. Rear outshut adjoins
C17 rear bay of one storey and attic, and rendered timber frame on high
limestone rubble plinth. Interior: former late C15 open hall to right of entry
has arch-braced roof; quartered and stop-chamfered beams and joists to inserted
C17 ceiling. Partial inspection only. Inventories show that between 1582 and
1627 three rooms were added to the house. Subsidiary features: tall limestone
rubble wall on right, extending approximately 40 metres to join The Black Horse
Public House (q.v.).
(Brigadier F.R.L. Goadby and Standlake Local History Society, Standlake House
Survey, No.31).


Listing NGR: SP3949002873

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Selected Sources

Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.