This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7502 / 51°45'0"N
Longitude: -1.4036 / 1°24'12"W
OS Eastings: 441269
OS Northings: 205894
OS Grid: SP412058
Mapcode National: GBR 6W8.CXP
Mapcode Global: VHC09.M8BM
Entry Name: Flexney's House
Listing Date: 17 October 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1053167
English Heritage Legacy ID: 252389
Location: Stanton Harcourt, West Oxfordshire, Oxfordshire, OX29
District: West Oxfordshire
Civil Parish: Stanton Harcourt
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Stanton Harcourt
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
21/305 Flexney's House
Farmhouse, now house. Datestone TF/1675 to left wing; early/mid C17 cross wing
remodelled in mid C19; early C18 range to left. Coursed limestone rubble; gabled
stone slate roof with stone ashlar left end stack to left range; cross wing has
mid C19 low-pitched and stone-coped gabled roof, with stone (finished in C17
brick) ridge stack and stone lateral stack. 2-unit plan, with cross wing to
right. Left range of 2 storeys and attic; one-window range with timber lintel
over 3-light leaded casement above C20 door with C20 flat hood; gabled roof
dormer with C20 two-light casement. Two-storey gable end of cross wing has hood
moulds over mid C19 three- above 5-light chamfered stone-mullioned windows.
Right side wall has C20 door: rear bay (to rear of stack) has label moulds over
early C17 chamfered one-light and stone-mullioned 4-light windows, and mid C19
brick to left side wall. Interior: stop-chamfered beams in rear bay and in left
wing. Partial inspection only.
Listing NGR: SP4126905894
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings