This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.4578 / 52°27'28"N
Longitude: -2.3549 / 2°21'17"W
OS Eastings: 375979
OS Northings: 284491
OS Grid: SO759844
Mapcode National: GBR 09B.ZBY
Mapcode Global: VH91D.4HD5
Entry Name: The Chantry
Listing Date: 9 March 1970
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1053194
English Heritage Legacy ID: 254285
Location: Alveley, Shropshire, WV15
Civil Parish: Alveley
Built-Up Area: Alveley
Traditional County: Shropshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Shropshire
Church of England Parish: Alveley
Church of England Diocese: Hereford
1954 ALVELEY ALVELEY
No 4 (The Chantry)
SO 78 SE 33/6 9.3.70.
Dated 1706 and 1725, later alterations, Whitewashed brick plaintile
roof; restored brick stacks; coped end gable to right-hand. Two-storey,
2 windows, later diamond-paned casements, keyed lintels to 1st floor;
central square- headed doorway with gabled hood; plain brick band at 1st
floor level; stone tablet between upper windows inscribed with initials
and date 1725; earlier gabled projecting wing to left-hand, whitewashed
rubble, plain-tiles, stone coping to gable; 2-storey plain central door;
later casement to upper floor; stone tablet above inscribed with initials
and date 1706. Poor later features to south end elevation.
Church of St Mary. Churchyard Cross and walls, and all the buildings in
Centre Place form a group.
Listing NGR: SO7597984490
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings