This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.8725 / 51°52'21"N
Longitude: -1.4832 / 1°28'59"W
OS Eastings: 435679
OS Northings: 219451
OS Grid: SP356194
Mapcode National: GBR 6TM.HV6
Mapcode Global: VHBZP.76RC
Entry Name: The Albright House and Wing to East
Listing Date: 27 August 1956
Last Amended: 18 May 1990
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1053271
English Heritage Legacy ID: 254170
Location: Charlbury, West Oxfordshire, Oxfordshire, OX7
District: West Oxfordshire
Civil Parish: Charlbury
Built-Up Area: Charlbury
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Charlbury with Shorthampton
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
5/29 (North Side)
27/8/56 The Albright House
and wing to East
(Formerly listed as
House. C18 with mid C19 alterations and extension. Dressed stone and
part-rendered plinth. Coursed squared rubble walls; timber lintels; stone
slate roof. 2 storeys and attic; 3-window range, symmetrical C19 ground-
floor window to right with large panes and a similar bay window to left.
First-floor sashes have glazing bars under simple hood on consoles.
Insurance plaque on left-hand bay. Moulded wooden eaves cornice.
Kneelers to coping of left gable. 3 gabled dormers with wooden casements.
2 end chimneys. Right part; 2 storeys; 2-window range of sashes with
glazing bars under flat stone lintels. Panelled double doors to flattened
carriage arch on left. Low-pitched slate roof with ashlar end-chimney
finished in brick. Interior not inspected.
Listing NGR: SP3567919451
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings