History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Manor Farmhouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Salford, Oxfordshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.9501 / 51°57'0"N

Longitude: -1.5835 / 1°35'0"W

OS Eastings: 428720

OS Northings: 228036

OS Grid: SP287280

Mapcode National: GBR 5R6.NGY

Mapcode Global: VHBZ7.H7QX

Entry Name: Manor Farmhouse

Listing Date: 15 May 1989

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1053274

English Heritage Legacy ID: 254075

Location: Salford, West Oxfordshire, Oxfordshire, OX7

County: Oxfordshire

District: West Oxfordshire

Civil Parish: Salford

Traditional County: Oxfordshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire

Church of England Parish: Little Compton, Chastleton, Cornwell, Little Rollright and Salford

Church of England Diocese: Oxford

Find accommodation in
Salford

Listing Text

SALFORD
SP2828-2928
12/178 Manor Farmhouse

GV II

Farmhouse, now house. Dated 1683 with later additions and alterations. Roughly
coursed limestone rubble; concrete tile roofs with coped verges. Original L-plan
with C19 range attached to east of north range, forming T-plan. 2 storeys and
gable-lit attic. North range (north side) has 2 horned 4-paned sashes with wood
lintels to first floor and contemporary tripartite sash window with wood lintel
to lower right. 4-panel door under C19 open gabled timber porch to left. C17
chamfered square window to right gable end and blocked 2-light mullion window
with dripstone to left gable end, both to attic. Integral end stack to right
with shaft rebuilt in red brick above dripstones. Lower C19 range to left has
double French casements to front. Rear of north range has former 2-light mullion
window with dripstone (cut by lean-to in angle with east range) on ground floor
to left with mullion removed and 4-paned sash inserted. East range has 2-light
chamfered mullion window with dripstone under lean-to to west side and similar
window on first floor of east side above 16-paned glazing bar sash. Integral end
stack with shaft rebuilt in red brick and infilled chamfered window to attic.
Datestone to left of stack superscribed "IBI/1683" with bottom of "8" missing.
[2628]


Listing NGR: SP2872028036

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.