This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7202 / 51°43'12"N
Longitude: -1.6405 / 1°38'25"W
OS Eastings: 424931
OS Northings: 202445
OS Grid: SP249024
Mapcode National: GBR 5V1.02S
Mapcode Global: VHC0C.J134
Entry Name: Dovecote Approximately 40 Metres South West of Rectory Farmhouse
Listing Date: 12 September 1955
Last Amended: 30 March 1989
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1053387
English Heritage Legacy ID: 253856
Location: Langford, West Oxfordshire, Oxfordshire, GL7
District: West Oxfordshire
Civil Parish: Langford
Built-Up Area: Langford (West Oxfordshire) BU
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Langford
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
LANGFORD CHURCH LANE
SP2402-2502 (South side)
6/105 Dovecote approx. 40m SW of
(Formerly listed as Dovecot at
Dovecote, now used for storage. Probably late C17. Rendered uncoursed limestone
rubble with alternating angle quoins; asbestos sheet roof. Square plan. 2
storeys with continuous string course interrupted by square-headed doorway on
first floor of east side and window to north gable end. Square-headed doorway on
ground floor of east side, partly blocked by C20 external lateral steps to
boarded door on first floor, now infilled and C20 centre-hung casement inserted.
Interior. First floor has wide boarded floor and 2 deep-chamfered cross beams
with chamfer stops. Pigeon nesting holes visible (some blocked). Double-purlin
roof in 3 bays with 2 collar and tie beam trusses.
Listing NGR: SP2493302443
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings