This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7232 / 51°43'23"N
Longitude: -1.6428 / 1°38'34"W
OS Eastings: 424769
OS Northings: 202776
OS Grid: SP247027
Mapcode National: GBR 5TT.ZDF
Mapcode Global: VHC05.GYWD
Entry Name: Dunford House
Listing Date: 12 September 1955
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1053389
English Heritage Legacy ID: 253863
Location: Langford, West Oxfordshire, Oxfordshire, GL7
District: West Oxfordshire
Civil Parish: Langford
Built-Up Area: Langford (West Oxfordshire) BU
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Langford
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
LANGFORD LECHLADE ROAD
SP2402-2502 (North-west side)
6/108 Dunford House
Farmhouse, now house. Uncoursed limestone rubble; stone slate roof. Mid-to late
C17 with later additions and alterations. 4-unit baffle-entry plan with gabled
ranges projecting at right-angles to rear. 2 storeys and gable-lit attic.
4-window front; 2 segmental-headed 3-light C19 casements to each side of central
entrance, those to first floor directly below eaves. C20 ledged door in earlier
chamfered stone surround under C20 flat-roofed wrought-iron trellised porch.
Integral end stacks and central ridge stack all with moulded dripstones and
capping. Rear. Plank door to right of centre and very small 2-light mullion
window to centre. Range projecting at right-angles to right in 2 sections is of
different phases and has mixture of C19 and C20 casements to left side.
Projection to left said to be c.1930 including 3-light mullion window to right
side. Interior. Chamfered ceiling beams and stone inglenook fireplaces to
ground-floor rooms. Staircase has mixture of barleysugar and turned balusters
but looks C19; reused panelling to dado incorporates blind Gothic tracery
patterns and other designs.
Listing NGR: SP2476902776
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings