History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Manor Farmhouse

A Grade II* Listed Building in Minster Lovell, Oxfordshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.8004 / 51°48'1"N

Longitude: -1.5316 / 1°31'53"W

OS Eastings: 432399

OS Northings: 211410

OS Grid: SP323114

Mapcode National: GBR 6VJ.3M3

Mapcode Global: VHC01.D0PM

Entry Name: Manor Farmhouse

Listing Date: 12 September 1955

Grade: II*

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1053432

English Heritage Legacy ID: 253668

Location: Minster Lovell, West Oxfordshire, Oxfordshire, OX29

County: Oxfordshire

District: West Oxfordshire

Civil Parish: Minster Lovell

Traditional County: Oxfordshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire

Church of England Parish: Minster Lovell

Church of England Diocese: Oxford

Find accommodation in
Minster Lovell

Listing Text

MINSTER LOVELL MANOR ROAD
SP3211 (South side)
19/110 Manor Farmhouse
12/09/55
GV II*

Farmhouse, probably incorporating part of former chapel, now house. C12 origins,
incorporates some C15 elements, probably from the Manor House, later
alterations. Stone coursed rubble; concrete tile roof; stone end stacks, that to
left with brick flue. 2 storeys and attic; 4-bay range. Wide C15 ribbed door to
left of centre with open stone porch having hipped stone slate roof. Irregular
fenestration of casements to right. 12-pane horned sashes to projecting bay at
left. Two C20 gabled full dormers to roof. Rear: blocked round archway to ground
floor left. Interior: C20 staircase from ground floor to attic. C15
four-centre-arched stone fireplace surround with quatrefoils to spandrels to
dining room at ground floor left. 4 centre-arched stone fireplace surround to
sitting room at ground floor left. History: probably former chapel of St.
Cecilia, formed part of the Minster Lovell Manor complex. The manor was owned by
the Lovell family from C12 to 1485.
(Buildings of England: Oxfordshire: 1979, p70; "Minster Lovell Hall", A.J.
Taylor, HBMCE, 1985)


Listing NGR: SP3239111421

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Selected Sources

Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.