History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Broadwell Manor

A Grade II Listed Building in Broadwell, Oxfordshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.7359 / 51°44'9"N

Longitude: -1.6368 / 1°38'12"W

OS Eastings: 425174

OS Northings: 204191

OS Grid: SP251041

Mapcode National: GBR 5TV.10P

Mapcode Global: VHC05.LM0N

Entry Name: Broadwell Manor

Listing Date: 12 September 1955

Last Amended: 4 May 1989

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1053549

English Heritage Legacy ID: 253442

Location: Broadwell, West Oxfordshire, Oxfordshire, GL7

County: Oxfordshire

District: West Oxfordshire

Civil Parish: Broadwell

Built-Up Area: Broadwell (West Oxfordshire) B

Traditional County: Oxfordshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire

Church of England Parish: Broadwell with Kelmscott

Church of England Diocese: Oxford

Find accommodation in
Broadwell

Listing Text

SP2404-2504 BROADWELL VILLAGE STREET
(West side)
8/128 Broadwell Manor
12/09/55 (Formerly listed as Broadwell
Manor Farmhouse)

GV II
House. 1804 by Richard Pace of Lechlade. Built for Mr. Larges, agent to William
Hervey of Bradwell Grove. Coursed rubble limestone, the front squared and
coursed with some ashlar dressings. Hipped stone slate roof with rebuilt ashlar
and concrete chimneys. Square plan of 3 x 3 bays, with later extensions at
north-west corner. 2 storeys and attic. Front has plinth, band courses and
chamfered quoins. Centre bay is slightly advanced, with moulded cornice and
shaped pediment. 4-pane sash windows with flat stone arches; similar C20 sashes
in large hipped dormers; blind and painted lunette in pediment. Central double
glazed doors in porch with tented lead roof. Porch is of ornamental lattice
work, formerly wooden, but renewed C20 in metal. Right side, facing churchyard,
has 3 bays of 3-light wooden casements with Tudor hoodmoulds and arched glazing
bars to top lights. Upper left window is blind and painted. Single-storey
lean-to to right with C20 4-light barred wooden casement.
(Illustrated and dated on Richard Pace's Trade card, Bodleian Library, M.S. Eng.
Hist. c.298)


Listing NGR: SP2517404191

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.