This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7268 / 51°43'36"N
Longitude: -1.5437 / 1°32'37"W
OS Eastings: 431614
OS Northings: 203217
OS Grid: SP316032
Mapcode National: GBR 6W9.LK2
Mapcode Global: VHC07.6V8M
Entry Name: 7, High Street
Listing Date: 12 September 1955
Last Amended: 4 May 1989
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1053568
English Heritage Legacy ID: 253386
Location: Bampton, West Oxfordshire, Oxfordshire, OX18
District: West Oxfordshire
Civil Parish: Bampton
Built-Up Area: Bampton (West Oxfordshire)
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Bampton with Clanfield
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
SP3003-3103 BAMPTON HIGH STREET
12/09/55 (Formerly listed as Heathcote)
House. Early C19 remodelling of early/mid C18 building. Coursed rubble
limestone, stone slate roof, brick chimney to left. 2 storeys and attic, 3 bays.
Chamfered plinth, parapet with flat stone coping. Ground floor has 2 C20 wooden
cross windows with opening top lights; first floor has C19 wooden casements with
single horizontal glazing bars, 3-light flanking 2-light; attic has C20 gabled
dormers with C20 2-light wooden casements. To centre is a C19/C20 4-panelled
door. Older board door to passage to right. All openings have wooden lintels. To
rear are a slightly later wing with one storey and loft over semi-basement, and
an early C20 brick lean-to. Interior retains blocked windows with wooden lintels
in original rear wall, and C18 window with ovolo-moulded wooden mullion in
semi-basement. Altered fireplaces; cased ceiling beams.
Listing NGR: SP3161403217
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings