This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.6337 / 52°38'1"N
Longitude: -2.2701 / 2°16'12"W
OS Eastings: 381814
OS Northings: 304028
OS Grid: SJ818040
Mapcode National: GBR 07B.WBV
Mapcode Global: WHBFQ.3288
Entry Name: Meeson Hall
Listing Date: 26 September 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1053697
English Heritage Legacy ID: 255116
Location: Albrighton, Shropshire, WV7
Civil Parish: Albrighton
Traditional County: Shropshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Shropshire
Church of England Parish: Albrighton St Mary Magdalene
Church of England Diocese: Lichfield
SJ 80 SW ALBRIGHTON C.P. HIGH STREET
Shown on O.S. map as Meeson House.
House. Mid to late C18. Pebbledash rendered facade with concrete
parapet on sandstone and brick plinth masking 3 red brick gables behind
(2 to right, one to left, formerly separate houses?), plain tiled roofs.
3 storeys; front of 4 bays, entrance in lower extension to north-east
with 6 panel door, early c19 pilastered portico, semi-circular fanlight
and open pediment, windows all C18 glazing bar sashes with frames flush
to wall surface, reduced proportions to top floor (including 2 'dummy'
windows to left and one to right); brick end stacks to gables. Interior
has an open string staircase of c.1750-60, 3 flights with bow on first
landing, turned wooden balusters of vase shape; C18 ventilated wooden
cupboards with slatted vents on each floor, oak panelling in right
hand front room; sandstone walled cellaeA perhaps suggestive of an
earlier house on the site. Rainwater head to lead downpipe on facade
with inscription R/R E/ 1733; C18 semi-circular railed enclosure with
urn finials in front of house.
Listing NGR: SJ8181404028
Other nearby listed buildings