This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.5961 / 52°35'45"N
Longitude: -2.5572 / 2°33'25"W
OS Eastings: 362355
OS Northings: 299955
OS Grid: SO623999
Mapcode National: GBR BS.9H56
Mapcode Global: WH9DM.P0HL
Entry Name: Guildhall
Listing Date: 24 October 1950
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1053794
English Heritage Legacy ID: 254848
Location: Much Wenlock, Shropshire, TF13
Civil Parish: Much Wenlock
Built-Up Area: Much Wenlock
Traditional County: Shropshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Shropshire
Church of England Parish: Much Wenlock with Bourton
Church of England Diocese: Hereford
This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 04/08/2016
SO 69 NW (SJ 6200)
WILMORE STREET (East Side)
(Formerly listed under WILLIMORE STREET)
Circa 1557. Timber frame and plaster. Single storey raised upon an arcaded undercroft of oak posts with plain brackets. The undercroft is of seven bays closed by C19 gates. The north end, below, is of stone, probably late C14, originally a prison. The superstructure has 3 gables, that on right-hand side modern over a timber-framed passage-way, each containing a tall moulded wood mullioned and transomed six-light leaded windows. 2 additional smaller lights. The east side or rear is much rebuilt, C19 with arcaded treatment and some brickwork, but the structure generally is an excellent example of its type. Original queen-post roof. Jacobean panelling and fittings, but little of it in situ. Recently well restored.
Listing NGR: SO6235699956
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings