This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.6281 / 52°37'41"N
Longitude: -2.4515 / 2°27'5"W
OS Eastings: 369532
OS Northings: 303471
OS Grid: SJ695034
Mapcode National: GBR BX.7K65
Mapcode Global: WH9DH.96VJ
Entry Name: Remains of Blists Hill Brickworks
Listing Date: 8 April 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1054098
English Heritage Legacy ID: 361860
Location: Madeley, Telford and Wrekin, TF7
County: Telford and Wrekin
Civil Parish: Madeley
Traditional County: Shropshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Shropshire
Church of England Parish: Madeley
Church of England Diocese: Hereford
BLISTS HILL Remains of Blists Hill
SJ 60 SE 33/2
Circa 1870 brickworks on site of earlier brickworks founded in 1851. Built of
brick with plain tile roofs. The buildings include:- hot-floor drying sheds
originally heated by coal fires and waste steam; rectangular down-draught kilns
connected to a chimney by underground flues; clay preparation buildings which
originally contained steam-powered clay working machinery; a canal wharf; an
engineer's and carpenter's workshop and a works office. Also including the clay-
mine headgear and steam winding engine shed on opposite side of the canal.
Listing NGR: SJ6953203471
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings