This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.7577 / 52°45'27"N
Longitude: -2.3818 / 2°22'54"W
OS Eastings: 374330
OS Northings: 317854
OS Grid: SJ743178
Mapcode National: GBR 7Z.Z9ZD
Mapcode Global: WH9CR.DY18
Entry Name: Church of St. Andrew
Listing Date: 18 June 1959
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1054124
English Heritage Legacy ID: 361918
Location: Church Aston, Telford and Wrekin, TF10
County: Telford and Wrekin
Civil Parish: Church Aston
Built-Up Area: Newport
Traditional County: Shropshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Shropshire
Church of England Parish: Church Aston St Andrew
Church of England Diocese: Lichfield
CHURCH ASTON Church of St Andrew
SJ 71 NW 24/62 18.6.59
1867 by G E Street. Sandstone church with tiled roofs. Early English style
details. Nave and chancel in one. The nave windows and the east window of the
chancel have 3-light geometric traceried windows. The chancel south windows are
of 2-lights. Polygonal lead fliche over the nave with goblets and finials. North
aisle has lancets.
Four-bay north arcade with circular piers, moulded circular capitals and chamfered
arches. Arch-braced nave roof.
South window has stained glass by Morris and Co of 1901.
Some C18 gravestones in the churchyard.
Listing NGR: SJ7433017854
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings