This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.7705 / 52°46'13"N
Longitude: -2.416 / 2°24'57"W
OS Eastings: 372027
OS Northings: 319289
OS Grid: SJ720192
Mapcode National: GBR 7Y.YFNJ
Mapcode Global: WH9CQ.VMPG
Entry Name: Church of St Peter
Listing Date: 18 June 1959
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1054183
English Heritage Legacy ID: 362056
Location: Edgmond, Telford and Wrekin, TF10
County: Telford and Wrekin
Civil Parish: Edgmond
Built-Up Area: Edgmond
Traditional County: Shropshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Shropshire
Church of England Parish: Edgmond St Peter
Church of England Diocese: Lichfield
EDGMOND HIGH STREET
5362 Church of St Peter
SJ 71 NW 24/191 18.6.59
C14 and C15 church with some re-used C13 material sandstone ashlar.
Nave and perpendicular north and south aisles have parapets and south aisle embattled
with crocketed pinnacles, grotesque gargoyles and 3-light perpendicular windows.
Slight ogee arched south doorway and perpendicular south porch with battlements.
C14 decorated chancel with steeply pitched roof and 3-light east window with
Broad perpendicular west tower in 3 stages with diagonal buttresses, 2-light
perpendicular bell openings, quatrefoil frieze beneath the embattled parapet and
crocketed pinnacles at the corners; 4-light west window with reticulated tracery.
C18 painted sundial on the porch.
Four-bay north and south arcades, perpendicular with tall octagonal piers and double-
chamfered arches. The bases and abaci of the north piers are re-used C13 work.
Low pitched nave roof with arched braces on corbels. Late C19 arch braced chancel
roof. Stone reredos of 1889 by Bodley and Garner, with carved figures. Early Norman
font with interlacing.
Stained glass in chancel by Powell 1873, and by Kempe 1891 and 1896.
Brass to Francis Yonge 1533.
Listing NGR: SJ7202819290
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings