This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.8212 / 52°49'16"N
Longitude: -2.9792 / 2°58'45"W
OS Eastings: 334108
OS Northings: 325300
OS Grid: SJ341253
Mapcode National: GBR 76.V8TY
Mapcode Global: WH8B4.6CL1
Entry Name: Outbuilding and Privy Attached to Wall to Right of Manor Farmhouse
Listing Date: 2 September 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1054237
English Heritage Legacy ID: 255784
Location: West Felton, Shropshire, SY11
Civil Parish: West Felton
Traditional County: Shropshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Shropshire
Church of England Parish: West Felton St Michael
Church of England Diocese: Lichfield
WEST FELTON C.P. MANOR LANE (north side)
SJ 32 NW
7/71 Outbuilding and privy
attached to wall to right
of Manor Farmhouse
Outbuilding and privy. Outbuilding. Probably c.1700 with later repairs
and alterations. Timber framed with red brick infill; slate roof. 2
levels. Framing: one rectangular panel above girding beam; purplish red
brick below to long sides and front gable, replaced by C20 red brick to
rear; jowled wall post to rear left corner. Collar and tie beam end trusses
with 4 vertical posts from collar to front gable and V-struts to rear.
Original windows below collar beams, rear retaining its 2 mullions. Original
opposing plank doors to long sides plus C20 stable door to right. Privy:
attached to front right corner. Probably mid-to late C18. Red brick;
monopitch slate roof with coped verges and dentilled eaves cornice to rear.
Segmental-headed doorway to front. Interior of outbuilding. Double-
purlin roof with central collar and tie beam truss; straight windbraces.
Loft over front bay.
Listing NGR: SJ3410825300
Other nearby listed buildings