This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.8605 / 52°51'37"N
Longitude: -3.0929 / 3°5'34"W
OS Eastings: 326517
OS Northings: 329779
OS Grid: SJ265297
Mapcode National: GBR 71.RZ2Y
Mapcode Global: WH78R.GCFF
Entry Name: Former Stable Block Approximately 10 Metres West of Oerley Hall
Listing Date: 15 May 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1054346
English Heritage Legacy ID: 255463
Location: Oswestry, Shropshire, SY10
Civil Parish: Oswestry Rural
Traditional County: Shropshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Shropshire
Church of England Parish: Rhydycroesau Christ Church
Church of England Diocese: Lichfield
SJ 22 NE
Former stable block approximately 10 metres west of Oerley Hall
Stables, used as stores. Circa 1820-30 with later additions and alterations. Uncoursed limestone rubble with red brick dressings, slate roof, hipped to corner projections. Rough U-plan with range to right extending further to rear. One storey to centre block with two storeys to corner projections, dentilled brick eaves cornice; irregular fenestration, segmental-headed openings with C20 casements and horned glazing bar sashes, segmental-headed doorways to left and centre of main block with wide segmental vehicle arch to right and similar arch to right corner projection. Included for group value.
This entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 26 October 2016.
Other nearby listed buildings