This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.5033 / 52°30'11"N
Longitude: -2.9879 / 2°59'16"W
OS Eastings: 333035
OS Northings: 289944
OS Grid: SO330899
Mapcode National: GBR B6.HK13
Mapcode Global: VH75Y.5B7V
Entry Name: Wall and Coat of Arms Adjoining Lydham Manor
Listing Date: 2 January 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1054506
English Heritage Legacy ID: 257058
Location: Lydham, Shropshire, SY9
Civil Parish: Lydham
Traditional County: Shropshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Shropshire
Church of England Parish: Lydham
Church of England Diocese: Hereford
SO 38 NW LYDHAM C.P. A488 (west side)
5/144 Wall and Coat of Arms
- adjoining Lydham Manor
Wall with coat of arms. Coat of Arms circa 1814-16, inserted in probably
late Cl9 or C20 wall. Red brick with buttresses and stone coping.
Approximately 15 metres long and 2.5 metres high. Sandstone coat of arms,
probably of the Oakeley family; central shield within cartouche, crest
under hood above, flanking carved oak leaves, and motto below: "PURITAS FONS
HONORIS". The coat of arms came from the now demolished Lydham Manor by
J.H. Haycock of 1814-16.
Listing NGR: SO3303589944
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings