This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.5466 / 52°32'47"N
Longitude: -2.9976 / 2°59'51"W
OS Eastings: 332446
OS Northings: 294769
OS Grid: SO324947
Mapcode National: GBR B6.DNP8
Mapcode Global: VH75R.0844
Entry Name: Toll House Farmhouse
Listing Date: 20 February 1990
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1054568
English Heritage Legacy ID: 256905
Location: More, Shropshire, SY15
Civil Parish: More
Traditional County: Shropshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Shropshire
Church of England Parish: More
Church of England Diocese: Hereford
SO 39 SW
Toll House Farmhouse
Toll house, now house, circa 1822. Uncoursed limestone rubble with brick quoining and dressings; gabled Welsh slate roof; brick stack with three diagonally-set flues to rear gable wall. L-plan, with projecting cross wing to front left. Two-storeys; two-window range. Brick label moulds over C20 ground-floor windows and Tudor-arched doorway to right-return wall of cross wing; stone Tudor arch over C20 window to first floor of cross wing and C20 window beneath eaves to right.
Interior not inspected.
History: stands on the Churchstoke to Minsterley section of the A488, which was turnpiked in 1822.
This entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 26 October 2016.
Other nearby listed buildings