This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.8174 / 52°49'2"N
Longitude: -2.9524 / 2°57'8"W
OS Eastings: 335911
OS Northings: 324853
OS Grid: SJ359248
Mapcode National: GBR 77.VHBV
Mapcode Global: WH8B4.MF9Z
Entry Name: Carpenters Shop Approximately 50 Metres East of Pradoe
Listing Date: 21 October 1987
Last Amended: 29 January 2004
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1054638
English Heritage Legacy ID: 256678
Location: Ruyton-XI-Towns, Shropshire, SY11
Civil Parish: Ruyton-XI-Towns
Traditional County: Shropshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Shropshire
RUYTON XI TOWNS
1574/8/126 CARPENTERS SHOP APPROXIMATELY 50 METRES
21-OCT-1987 EAST OF PRADOE
Carpenter's shop. c.1806 with minor later alterations. Uncoursed limestone rubble with angle quoins, graded slate roof. 2 levels.
EXTERIOR: North elevation has wide, segmental-headed horizontal sliding sash to centre with eaves hatch directly above. West gable end has segmental-headed arch with keystone over plank door to right; segmental-headed window to left. Segmental-headed boarded door to centre on first floor.
INTERIOR: Floor supported on heavy beams. C19 cast-iron cooking range to back wall.
HISTORY: The carpenter's shop was one of several outbuildings constructed c.1806 by Thomas Kenyon, who had bought Pradoe as a wedding present for his wife, Louisa Charlotte, in 1803.
Listed for group value as a c.1806 carpenter's shop that is complementary to the Grade II* Pradoe including attached service ranges and out-buildings (q.v), the Grade II dairy, brewhouse and pigsties (q.v.), manure sump (q.v.), kitchen garden wall (q.v.), and farm buildings (q.v.) and the Grade II Registered landscape, all with which it has group value.
Other nearby listed buildings