This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.7978 / 52°47'52"N
Longitude: -3.0965 / 3°5'47"W
OS Eastings: 326164
OS Northings: 322813
OS Grid: SJ261228
Mapcode National: GBR 71.WY1F
Mapcode Global: WH78Y.DYP0
Entry Name: Farmbuildings with Vehicle Entrance Arch Approximately 20 Metres North East of Blodwel Hall
Listing Date: 19 January 1952
Last Amended: 21 October 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1054647
English Heritage Legacy ID: 256598
Location: Llanyblodwel, Shropshire, SY10
Civil Parish: Llanyblodwel
Traditional County: Shropshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Shropshire
Church of England Parish: Llanyblodwel St Michael
Church of England Diocese: Lichfield
LLANYBLODWEL C.P. -
SJ 22 SE
6/50 Farmbuilding with vehicle
- entrance arch approx.
20m north-east of Blodwel
19.1.52 Hall [formerly listed
as Summerhouse and gateway
at Blodwell (sic) Hall,
Farmbuilding with vehicle entrance arch. Probably mid-C17 with later
alterations. Uncoursed limestone rubble with ashlar dressings; graded
slate roof. Formerly part of a longer range (weatherboarded timber frame)
extending to south, the greater part of which was destroyed by fire in
late C20. Two levels. Plank door to left on first floor approached
by external lateral steps; infilled chamfered 3-light wooden mullion window
to left of centre. Section of timber framing above flat wooden lintel
of vehicle entrance arch to right has rendered woven infill and 2 small
4-light wooden mullion windows. Infilled 3-light mullion window to left
wall of entrance arch on ground floor. Datestone with superscription
"B / IV / 1700" between plank door and infilled mullion window and another
superscribed "S:M / 1692" immediately to right of lintel to entrance arch.
Interior. Chamfered cross beam and flat heavy joists to left on first
floor. Double-purlin roof has one collar and tie beam truss and one closed
queen-strut truss with rendered infill and V-struts from collar. Stone
to gable ends. It has been suggested that the building was formerly
the gatehouse to Blodwel Hall (q.v.) but this is by no means certain.
Listing NGR: SJ2616422813
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings