This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.1596 / 51°9'34"N
Longitude: 0.5618 / 0°33'42"E
OS Eastings: 579228
OS Northings: 143153
OS Grid: TQ792431
Mapcode National: GBR PSM.BTG
Mapcode Global: VHJN0.P3BX
Entry Name: Spilshill Court
Listing Date: 25 July 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1054714
English Heritage Legacy ID: 174561
Location: Staplehurst, Maidstone, Kent, TN12
Civil Parish: Staplehurst
Traditional County: Kent
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Kent
STAPLEHURST FRITTENDEN ROAD
TQ 74 SE (North side)
3/94 Spilshill Court
House. C17, restored and with additions of late C19 or early C20.
Timber framed. Ground floor painted brick in Flemish bond, first
floor tile-hung. Plain tile roof. 2 storeys and garret. Gabled.
Right gable end close-studded with recessed infilling, and with
decorative work to gable. Plain bargeboards and finial to left
gable end. Red brick stack towards left end. Multiple red and grey
brick ridge stack to left of centre. Two rear stacks to right.
Irregular fenestration of 5 leaded windows; one 2-light moulded
casement towards left end, one 3-light bracketed oriel in projecting
2-storey rectangular bay with plain bargeboards and pendant to left
of stack, one 4-light casement between stack and porch, one C17
ten-light moulded mullioned and transomed oriel window with coved
base to porch, and one 3-light casement to right end bay. 2-storey
porch towards right end; painted brick on ground floor, tile-hung
above, with moulded midrails, wall-plate, tie-beam and collar, plain
bargeboards, finial and pendant. Ribbed door in moulded rectangular
architrave. 2-storey rear wing to right, close-studded, with
higher eaves than main range, their line carried across main-range
gable. Further painted brick rear wing behind porch. Interior not
inspected. Porch said to have been brought from Aydhurst (since
demolished) in c.1906.
Listing NGR: TQ7922843153
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings