History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Old Rectory

A Grade II Listed Building in Everdon, Northamptonshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.2124 / 52°12'44"N

Longitude: -1.1334 / 1°8'0"W

OS Eastings: 459307

OS Northings: 257484

OS Grid: SP593574

Mapcode National: GBR 8SP.882

Mapcode Global: VHCVL.9NNB

Entry Name: The Old Rectory

Listing Date: 18 January 1968

Last Amended: 29 April 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1054809

English Heritage Legacy ID: 360713

Location: Everdon, Daventry, Northamptonshire, NN11

County: Northamptonshire

District: Daventry

Civil Parish: Everdon

Built-Up Area: Everdon

Traditional County: Northamptonshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northamptonshire

Church of England Parish: Everdon St Mary

Church of England Diocese: Peterborough

Find accommodation in
Badby

Listing Text

EVERDON HIGH STREET
SP5957 (South side)
22/63 The Old Rectory
18/01/68 (Formerly listed as
The Rectory)
GV II
Former rectory, now house and cottage. C17 with additions of c.1800. Coursed
ironstone rubble and coursed squared ironstone, plain tile roof, brick end and
ridge stacks, that to right on stone base. 4-unit plan, part double-depth. 2
storeys and attic; 7-window range. Projecting entrance bay to left of centre has
round-arched part-glazed door with limestone surround with imposts, extended up
to moulded stone sill of round-arched 2-light leaded wood mullion and transom
window with stone surround, keyblock and imposts. Keyed oculus to gable. This
bay has plinth, storey bands in contrasting limestone and stone coped gable.
Wing to left breaks forward and has 2-light leaded casement windows with pointed
arched heads to left and similar one-light windows to right to ground and first
floors. Right of door are 3 bays with 12-pane sashes to ground floor, 9 pane
sashes to first with cemented brick jambs and hood moulds; small one-light
window to ground floor right with stone surround and hood mould. This wing has
chamfered plinth, quoins and stone coped gables with kneelers. Attached cottage
to right side and 2- and 3-light leaded casement windows to entrance elevation.
Windows and door have timber lintels, some stop-chamfered. Garden elevation of 6
windows has irregular fenestration and central straight joint. Right half has
part-glazed garden door to right of joint and 12-pane sash windows with timber
lintels, those to first floor stop-chamfered. Left half has C20 tripartite
French window. 6-panel part-glazed back door and 3-light wood mullion and
transom to left, 6 and 12-pane sashes to first floor. Interior has stone flagged
staircase hall open well staircase with stick balusters, carved tread ends and
wreathed and ramped handrail. Drawing room has double hollow-chamfered 4-centred
arched stone fireplace and fielded panelling, fitted cupboard with arched alcove
flanked by pilasters, quartered ceiling with moulded beams. Large open fireplace
in kitchen. Upper room with fireplace with stone jambs and oak 4-centred arched
head.


Listing NGR: SP5930757484

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.