History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Old House

A Grade II Listed Building in Everdon, Northamptonshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.2173 / 52°13'2"N

Longitude: -1.1312 / 1°7'52"W

OS Eastings: 459452

OS Northings: 258036

OS Grid: SP594580

Mapcode National: GBR 8SH.WB1

Mapcode Global: VHCVL.BJVJ

Entry Name: The Old House

Listing Date: 18 January 1968

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1054851

English Heritage Legacy ID: 360705

Location: Everdon, Daventry, Northamptonshire, NN11

County: Northamptonshire

District: Daventry

Civil Parish: Everdon

Traditional County: Northamptonshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northamptonshire

Church of England Parish: Everdon St Mary

Church of England Diocese: Peterborough

Find accommodation in
Church Stowe

Listing Text

EVERDON
SP55NE Little Everdon
8/75 The Old House
18/01/68
GV II
House. Dated 1690, part earlier. Coursed squared ironstone with limestone
dressings, tile roof with ornamental ridge tiles, brick end stacks on stone
bases and stone ridge stack. 3-unit plan. 2 storeys and attic, 3-window range.
6-panel door to right of centre and a straight-joint. Moulded wood surround
timber lintel and gabled hood on brackets. 2-light flat-faced stone mullion
windows throughout with moulded sills. Gabled dormers over each bay interrupting
eaves,with plaque in gable of left dormer inscribed F/WT and datestone in gable
of middle dormer inscribed 1690. A stone panel with blank upright raised oval to
left of door possibly a blocked window and 2 one-light cellar windows to left
with plain stone jambs and lintels. Stone coped gables with kneelers. Stair
turret to rear and outbuilding range to rear left converted into office and
accommodation. Interior has bar-stop-chamfered spine beam, two open fireplaces
with moulded bressumers, a moulded stone fireplace with straight head, 2 eared
C18 stone chimneypieces and dog-leg staircase with serpentine splat balusters.
Collar truss roof.
(Buildings of England: Northants,p. 211).


Listing NGR: SP5945258036

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Selected Sources

Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.