This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.4453 / 52°26'42"N
Longitude: -2.8986 / 2°53'54"W
OS Eastings: 339019
OS Northings: 283411
OS Grid: SO390834
Mapcode National: GBR BB.M31D
Mapcode Global: VH765.PSZV
Entry Name: The Old Farmhouse
Listing Date: 1 December 1951
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1054962
English Heritage Legacy ID: 257665
Location: Hopesay, Shropshire, SY7
Civil Parish: Hopesay
Traditional County: Shropshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Shropshire
Church of England Parish: Hopesay
Church of England Diocese: Hereford
HOPESAY C.P. HOPESAY
SO 38 SE
4/159 The Old Farmhouse
Farmhouse, now house. Late C18 with later additions and alterations.
Rendered uncoursed limestone rubble on chamfered plinth with stone
angle quoins; double-span slate roof with coped verges on carved
stone kneelers and integral end stacks in valley with red brick shafts.
2 storeys and attic with moulded eaves cornice to front and brick
dentilled eaves cornice to rear. 3 windows. C19 three-light case-
ments in segmental-headed stone surrounds. Late C19 gabled eaves
dormers flanking central pediment with coped verges and lunette
window. Central entrance; stone plain pilastered doorcase with
reeding above Gothic-traceried rectangular overlight. C19 half-glazed
door approached by 3 semi-circular stone steps. Cellar to right with
plank door to plinth where ground drops. Splayed single-storey C19
painted brick addition to rear has plain tile roof. Interior:
inspection not possible at time of resurvey (August 1986) but noted as
having panelled window shutters to front ground-floor rooms.
Listing NGR: SO3901983411
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings