This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.442 / 52°26'31"N
Longitude: -2.9473 / 2°56'50"W
OS Eastings: 335708
OS Northings: 283086
OS Grid: SO357830
Mapcode National: GBR B8.M92L
Mapcode Global: VH764.VWRC
Entry Name: 20 and 21
Listing Date: 1 December 1951
Last Amended: 28 May 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1054975
English Heritage Legacy ID: 257593
Location: Clunbury, Shropshire, SY7
Civil Parish: Clunbury
Traditional County: Shropshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Shropshire
Church of England Parish: Clunbury with Clunton
Church of England Diocese: Hereford
SO 38 SE; 4/88
Nos. 20 and 21
(formerly listed as No. 20)
Farmhouse, now divided into two cottages. Early to mid-C17 with later
additions and alterations. Timber-framed with painted brick infill,
roughcast to front gable and long wall of no. 21; machine tile roof.
L-plan comprising 2-bay hall range with slightly shorter cross-wing
projecting to north. Two storeys. Framing: square panels, three from cill
to wall-plate. Collar and tie-beam truss to rear gable has V-struts
from collar and projecting double-purlin ends. C19 and C20 metal
casements, two on each floor to front gable, including to French window
to right. Range to right (cross-wing) has C19 casements to centre
and right and C20 casement immediately below eaves to left. Integral
red brick end stack to front gable; prominent external lateral
rubblestone stacks to rear walls of hall range and cross-wing have late
C20 red brick tops. Interior: not inspected but likely to be of interest.
C20 flat-roofed extension in angle to rear is not of special architectural
Listing NGR: SO3570883086
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings