This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.3555 / 52°21'19"N
Longitude: -2.9486 / 2°56'54"W
OS Eastings: 335493
OS Northings: 273471
OS Grid: SO354734
Mapcode National: GBR B8.SNRT
Mapcode Global: VH76Q.V223
Entry Name: Bucknell House
Listing Date: 21 March 1968
Last Amended: 28 May 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1055023
English Heritage Legacy ID: 257512
Location: Bucknell, Shropshire, SY7
Civil Parish: Bucknell
Traditional County: Shropshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Shropshire
Church of England Parish: Bucknell
Church of England Diocese: Hereford
BUCKNELL C.P. -
SO 37 SE
12/10 Bucknell House
- (formerly listed as Old
Shown on O.S. map as Vicarage.
Vicarage, now house. Early C19 with later additions and alterations. Red
brick, formerly colourwashed; low-pitched hipped slate roofs with wide spreading
eaves and tall end stacks to main block. Main range of 3 bays with 3-bay
range projecting to right and one-bay range set back to left. 2 storeys.
Glazing bar sashes with gauged heads, those to ground floor of main range
in segmental-arched recesses; reduced proportions to centre and right on first
floor and small casement in angle with right range. Central entrance; C19
half-glazed door with panelled reveals and shutters under contemporary wooden
Doric porch with slender columns and triglyphs and metopes to entablature.
Rear elevation: main range has 4 windows with 2-bay range (rear of left range)
slightly projecting to right. Interior. Oak staircase to right of entrance
hall has wreathed handrail with turned balusters and open string. Original
6-panel doors throughout and marble fireplace to rear left room. According
to the owner (July 1986) the house was built in 1815.
Listing NGR: SO3549373471
Other nearby listed buildings