History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Mytton Hall

A Grade II Listed Building in Pimhill, Shropshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.7495 / 52°44'58"N

Longitude: -2.8292 / 2°49'45"W

OS Eastings: 344123

OS Northings: 317192

OS Grid: SJ441171

Mapcode National: GBR 7D.ZWSY

Mapcode Global: WH8BL.H5Z1

Entry Name: Mytton Hall

Listing Date: 29 January 1952

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1055136

English Heritage Legacy ID: 259159

Location: Pimhill, Shropshire, SY4

County: Shropshire

Civil Parish: Pimhill

Traditional County: Shropshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Shropshire

Church of England Parish: Fitz St Peter and St Paul

Church of England Diocese: Lichfield

Find accommodation in
Bicton

Listing Text

BOMERE HEATH C.P. MYTTON
SJ 41 NW
5/96 Mytton Hall
29.1.52
- II

Small country house. Early C19, enlarged in 1933. Rendered brick,
lined as ashlar. Painted brick to left-hand side and rear. Square plan
with later wing to north-east. Two and three storeys. South front:
plinth, first-floor cill band, moulded cornice and blocking course, and
raised panelled parapet to centre bay with Soanian caps over dies.
Panelled rendered brick ridge stacks, one to left and 2 to right, and
integral painted brick lateral stack to rear. 3 bays; glazing bar
sashes (15-pane to ground floor), rectangular panels above ground-floor
window and blind box to central first-floor window. Central door with 6
raised and fielded panels (top 2 glazed), and flanking side lights with
raised and fielded panels beneath, divided by incised pilaster strips
with shallow consoles supporting frieze and cornice; panelled reveals
and soffit, frieze, and cornice above again. Grey sandstone ashlar
Ionic porch with paired unfluted columns, unfluted antae behind, full
entablature, and blocking course, raised and projecting to centre.
Left-hand return front: 3 storeys. 4 bays; slightly curved glazing
bar sashes with painted stone cills (16-pane to first floor with slightly
segmental heads). Ground floor with flat 12-pane sashes in end bays,
and shallow bow in second bay from left with tripartite glazing bar sash,
pilaster strips, and frieze. 6-panelled door (lower boarded flush and
upper 4 glazed) in second bay from right with radial fanlight, and
doorcase consisting of unfluted quarter columns and open triangular
pediment. Union fire insurance plate between first and second first-floor
windows from right. Right-hand return front: 4 bays; glazing bar
sashes, with panels above ground-floor windows. Circa 1933 wing at
angle to rear in an early C19 style. 3 bays; glazing bar
sashes. Semi-circular 2-storey porch in angle to left, corbelled out
above a pair of half-glazed doors. Interior not inspected. The present
occupant (January 1986) dates part of the building to 1860, but this
seems unlikely to refer to any of the principal building periods.


Listing NGR: SJ4412317192

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.