This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.7455 / 52°44'43"N
Longitude: -2.803 / 2°48'10"W
OS Eastings: 345887
OS Northings: 316733
OS Grid: SJ458167
Mapcode National: GBR BG.02M6
Mapcode Global: WH8BL.X8D2
Entry Name: Small Stable and Coach House Approximately 50 Metres to South West of the Isle
Listing Date: 27 November 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1055181
English Heritage Legacy ID: 259071
Location: Bicton, Shropshire, SY3
Civil Parish: Bicton
Traditional County: Shropshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Shropshire
Church of England Parish: Bicton Holy Trinity
Church of England Diocese: Lichfield
BICTON C.P. -
SJ 41 NE
SJ 4588 1675
6/11 Small stable and coach house
- approx. 50 metres to south-
west of The Isle
Small stable and coach house. Mid-C18. Red brick with plain tile roof.
One storey and loft. Plat band and parapeted gable ends. East front with
blocked segmental-headed wooden cross windows to left and boarded door to
right with segmental relieving arch. Left-hand corner rounded up to loft
level. Left-hand gable end with boarded loft door, ground-floor segmental-
headed door to right, central slatted window and pair of coach house boarded
doors to left with segmental relieving arch. Included for group value.
This was probably formerly the stable and coach house associated with The
Old House or Home Farmhouse (q.v.). Both buildings form part of the group
of farmbuildings to the south-west of The Isle (q.v.), also including a
range of barns dated 1739, a further stable block and a further stable and
coach house dated 1749 (none of which are included on this list).
Listing NGR: SJ4588716733
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings