This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.6425 / 52°38'33"N
Longitude: -2.5738 / 2°34'25"W
OS Eastings: 361271
OS Northings: 305131
OS Grid: SJ612051
Mapcode National: GBR BR.6R29
Mapcode Global: WH9D7.FVM1
Entry Name: Davies Memorial Approximately 4 Metres South of South-West Corner of Nave of Church of St Mary
Listing Date: 24 February 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1055266
English Heritage Legacy ID: 258876
Location: Leighton and Eaton Constantine, Shropshire, SY5
Civil Parish: Leighton and Eaton Constantine
Traditional County: Shropshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Shropshire
Church of England Parish: Leighton-under-Wrekin St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Lichfield
LEIGHTON AND EATON CONSTANTINE C.P.
SJ 60 NW
Davies memorial approx.
4m south of south-west
corner of nave of
Church of St Mary
Chest tomb. Circa 1815. Sandstone. Rectangular. Moulded plinth
with pedimented top ledger and fluted corner pilasters. Moulded
inscription panel on north commemorates John Davies (died 1815) and
one on south his 'relict', Sarah (died 1853). Retains traces of
paint and has raised oval inscription panels left blank to each end.
Listing NGR: SJ6127105131
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings