History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The South Eastern of the Two Shavington Bridges Approximately 600 Metres to South West of Bankhouse Farmhouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Adderley, Shropshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.9465 / 52°56'47"N

Longitude: -2.5293 / 2°31'45"W

OS Eastings: 364532

OS Northings: 338924

OS Grid: SJ645389

Mapcode National: GBR 7S.LJ4H

Mapcode Global: WH9BX.36VG

Entry Name: The South Eastern of the Two Shavington Bridges Approximately 600 Metres to South West of Bankhouse Farmhouse

Listing Date: 10 February 1959

Last Amended: 5 June 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1055296

English Heritage Legacy ID: 260311

Location: Adderley, Shropshire, TF9

County: Shropshire

Civil Parish: Adderley

Traditional County: Cheshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Shropshire

Church of England Parish: Adderley St Peter

Church of England Diocese: Lichfield

Find accommodation in
Audlem

Listing Text

SJ 63 NW ADDERLEY C.P. SHAVINGTON PARK
SJ 6453 3893

5/8 The south-eastern of
10.2.59 the two Shavington
Bridges approx. 600
metres to south-west of
Bank house Farmhouse
(formerly listed as Bridges
at Shavington Hall)

GV II

Bridge. Probably late C18, widened in 1940. Red sandstone ashlar.
Single segmental arch with flanking pilaster buttresses. Quadrant
wing walls. Moulded string course to parapet with square end piers
(minus globe finials). Initially built by the estate this bridge and
its neighbour (see Moreton Say C.P.) were widened by the County Council
in 1940 reusing the ashlar masonry. The bridges carry the minor road
from Adderley to Wilkesley across the River Duckow at a point where
it has been widened to form an ornamental lake known as the Long Pool.
Bankhouse Farmhouse is not included on this list. Anthony Blackwall,
Historic Bridges of Shropshire, Shropshire Libraries, p.66.


Listing NGR: SJ6453238924

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Selected Sources

Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.