This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.8941 / 52°53'38"N
Longitude: -2.4797 / 2°28'46"W
OS Eastings: 367827
OS Northings: 333064
OS Grid: SJ678330
Mapcode National: GBR 7V.PQ68
Mapcode Global: WH9C3.WJD6
Entry Name: Summerhouse Approximately 200 Metres to South West of Pell Wall
Listing Date: 20 August 1971
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1055324
English Heritage Legacy ID: 260280
Location: Sutton upon Tern, Shropshire, TF9
Civil Parish: Sutton upon Tern
Traditional County: Staffordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Shropshire
Church of England Parish: Little Drayton Christ Church
Church of England Diocese: Lichfield
SUTTON UPON TERN C.P. NEWPORT ROAD (west side)
SJ 63 SE
SJ 6781 3305
3/122 Summerhouse approx. 200
- metres to south-west of
20.8.71 Pell Wall
Summerhouse. Probably c.1860. Rustic wooden post construction with woven
brushwood panels. Pyramidal plain tile roof. Octagonal plan. Rustic
style. One storey. Continuous verandah consisting of posts resting on
sandstone pads and with angle braces. Continuous rustic bench-seating.
Gothic windows to east and west and circular window to south. Open 3-bay
entrance to north. Interior: continuous rustic bench-seating around walls.
Central octagonal wooden table with rustic support. Diagonal wooden boarding
on walls and ceiling. Entrance has 3 wooden roller blinds with pelmets.
The boarded interior and the roller blinds are possibly alterations of c.1900
and the summerhouse itself might even date from then. The central light
fitting must date from the early C20. The summerhouse stands in wooded
grounds to the west of Pell Wall (q.v.).
Listing NGR: SJ6782733064
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings