This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.8452 / 52°50'42"N
Longitude: -2.4377 / 2°26'15"W
OS Eastings: 370619
OS Northings: 327609
OS Grid: SJ706276
Mapcode National: GBR 7X.SVSP
Mapcode Global: WH9CB.JRF5
Entry Name: Hoarlake Farmhouse
Listing Date: 25 February 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1055366
English Heritage Legacy ID: 260181
Location: Hinstock, Shropshire, TF9
Civil Parish: Hinstock
Traditional County: Shropshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Shropshire
Church of England Parish: Hinstock St Oswald
Church of England Diocese: Lichfield
HINSTOCK C.P. -
SJ 72 NW
Shown on OS. map as Warlake.
Farmhouse. Late C17, refronted in the early C20. Timber framed with
wattle and daub and red brick infill on dressed red sandstone plinth;
refronted in pebbledashed brick. Plain tile roof. Framing: small
square panels (3 from sole plate to wall plate) with short straight corner
braces. Baffle-entry plan of 2 framed bays. One storey and attic.
Pair of c.1900 hipped-roofed eaves domes with 2-light metal casements.
Central brick ridge stack. 2-window front; late C20 two-light wooden
casement to left inserted in a smaller early C20 opening with segmental
head, and projecting flat-roofed canted bay to right with 3 glazing bar
sashes. Roughly central boarded door with gabled pebbledashed brick
porch. Gable ends have exposed collar and tie-beam trusses with queen
struts and V-struts. C20 one-storey lean-to addition to left. Interior
not inspected but the former occupants (March 1983) report that the front wall
consists of a brick skin in front of the C17 framing.
Listing NGR: SJ7061927609
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings