History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Kitchen Garden Wall and Attached Pavilions and Terrace Retaining Wall Approximately 76 Metres to North West of Acton Reynald School

A Grade II Listed Building in Moreton Corbet and Lee Brockhurst, Shropshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.8053 / 52°48'18"N

Longitude: -2.6923 / 2°41'32"W

OS Eastings: 353429

OS Northings: 323304

OS Grid: SJ534233

Mapcode National: GBR 7L.W6K6

Mapcode Global: WH8B8.MR58

Entry Name: Kitchen Garden Wall and Attached Pavilions and Terrace Retaining Wall Approximately 76 Metres to North West of Acton Reynald School

Listing Date: 29 October 1986

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1055374

English Heritage Legacy ID: 260104

Location: Moreton Corbet and Lee Brockhurst, Shropshire, SY4

County: Shropshire

Civil Parish: Moreton Corbet and Lee Brockhurst

Traditional County: Shropshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Shropshire

Church of England Parish: Shawbury St Mary the Virgin

Church of England Diocese: Lichfield

Find accommodation in
Shawbury

Listing Text

SJ 5223-5323 SHAWBURY C.P. ACTON REYNALD

17/109 Kitchen garden wall
- and attached pavilions
and terrace retaining
wall approx. 76 metres
to north-west of Acton
Reynald School

GV II

Kitchen garden wall and attached pavilions and terrace retaining walls.
Dated 1847. Red brick wall and yellow/grey sandstone ashlar pavilions.
Wall approximately 70 metres long and 2 metres high with flanking pavilions.
Stone coping with various carved ornament including shell lunettes,
busts and the Corbet coat of arms above central gateway with wrought-
iron gate and square piers with moulded stone caps and urn finials.
Pavilions: 3 bays, centre wider. Octagonal piers with bases and moulded
capitals, depressed chamfered arches, moulded cornice, and parapet with
strapwork cresting, panelled octagonal corner piers with onion-shaped
caps, and central shield dated: "ACV/1847". Right-hand pavilion slightly
wider and with chamfered depressed-arched doorway with nail-studded
boarded door. Low terrace retaining walls adjoining to front; octagonal
corner piers with moulded caps and central flight of steps. The sections
of kitchen garden wall to the north of this wall are not included on
this list.


Listing NGR: SJ5342923304

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.