This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.8069 / 52°48'24"N
Longitude: -2.7925 / 2°47'33"W
OS Eastings: 346671
OS Northings: 323552
OS Grid: SJ466235
Mapcode National: GBR 7G.W65N
Mapcode Global: WH8B7.2QH1
Entry Name: Inglenook
Listing Date: 29 October 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1055411
English Heritage Legacy ID: 260090
Location: Myddle and Broughton, Shropshire, SY4
Civil Parish: Myddle, Broughton and Harmer Hill
Built-Up Area: Myddle
Traditional County: Shropshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Shropshire
Church of England Parish: Myddle St Peter
Church of England Diocese: Lichfield
SJ 4623-4723 MYDDLE C.P. MYDDLE
15/95 Nos. 15 (Inglenook)
- and 16
House, now divided. Circa 1600 with probably early C20 alterations. Timber
framed with painted brick nogging, eaves raised in brick painted to represent
framing; asbestos slate roof. Framing: large square panels (2 from sole
plate to wall plate) with short straight corner braces; a small part of
the front wall has been rebuilt in early C18 framing with small scantling
timber and a long straight tension brace. Baffle-entry plan of 4 framed
bays. 2 storeys. Roughly central brick stack just behind ridge and early
C20 integral brick corner stack at front to left. 4 probably early C20
first-floor 2-light wooden casements and 3 ground-floor C19 two-light wooden
casements. Roughly central C20 glazed door (just to left of stack) with C20
gabled porch and half-glazed door to right with C20 gabled porch. One
storey C20 additions at rear. Interior: chamfered spine beam and large
open fireplace in ground-floor room to left of central stack. At least
one surviving C17 roof truss (possibly others obscured). This building
has been identified (Hey) as the half-tenement rented to the Tyler family
in the C16 or early C17 and to the Pierce family for the rest of the C17.
Richard Gough, Ed. D. Hey, The History of Myddle (1701), Penguin (1981).
David G. Hey, An English Rural Community; Myddle Under the Tudors and Stuarts,
Leicester University Press (1974), pp.122-3.
Listing NGR: SJ4667123552
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings