This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.6332 / 52°37'59"N
Longitude: -2.7121 / 2°42'43"W
OS Eastings: 351901
OS Northings: 304177
OS Grid: SJ519041
Mapcode National: GBR BL.7112
Mapcode Global: WH8C7.92RN
Entry Name: Former Coach House Approximately 5 Metres to East of Pitchford Park Farmhouse
Listing Date: 14 May 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1055533
English Heritage Legacy ID: 259783
Location: Pitchford, Shropshire, SY5
Civil Parish: Pitchford
Traditional County: Shropshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Shropshire
Church of England Parish: Pitchford
Church of England Diocese: Hereford
SJ 50 SW
Former coach house approximately 5 metres to east of Pitchford Park Farmhouse
Coach house, now garage and store. Circa 1774, probably by John Gwynn(e) (1713-86) of Shrewsbury. Red brick with red sandstone ashlar dressings; plain tile roof.
One storey and loft. Dentil brick eaves cornice; gabled eaves dormer to east with two-light wooden casement. South front: central blind round arch with stone impost bands and keystone, inserted two-light window, and stone coped pedimented gable above; south front: three segmental-headed openings, boarded over to left with two-leaf boarded door, pair of boarded doors to centre, and corrugated iron to right with two doors; gable end to north with eight brick steps up to segmental-headed boarded loft door flanked by small segmental-headed windows. This coach house is notable for the architectural treatment of its south gable end and the group that it forms with Park Farmhouse (qv),also by Gwynne.
Listing NGR: SJ5190104177
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings