This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.6337 / 52°38'1"N
Longitude: -2.6996 / 2°41'58"W
OS Eastings: 352745
OS Northings: 304222
OS Grid: SJ527042
Mapcode National: GBR BL.7432
Mapcode Global: WH8C7.H2P8
Entry Name: Service Courtyard Retaining Wall and Adjoining Outbuildings Adjoining Pitchford Hall to West
Listing Date: 14 May 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1055535
English Heritage Legacy ID: 259788
Location: Pitchford, Shropshire, SY5
Civil Parish: Pitchford
Traditional County: Shropshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Shropshire
Church of England Parish: Pitchford
Church of England Diocese: Hereford
PITCHFORD C.P. PITCHFORD
SJ 5204 - 5304
12/130 Service courtyard
- retaining wall and
Hall to west
Service courtyard, retaining wall and adjoining outbuildings. 1870's
and 1880's, probably by George Devey. Coursed sandstone rubble with red
brick parapet and sandstone coping, ramped up to east. L-plan with
rounded corner, forming south and west sides of the service courtyard
to Pitchford Hall; approximately 45 metres long and 4 metres high.
Outbuilding in south-west corner; sandstone rubble with lean-to plain
tile roof, and lean-to loggia adjoining to north. Kennels in south-east
corner; rendered brick with some planted timbers, lean-to plain tile
roof, and open front with sandstone ashlar columns consisting of
clustered shafts with moulded bases. This wall and adjoining buildings
are probably part of the alterations and additions by George Devey at
Pitchford Hall (qv) in the 1870's and 1880's.
Listing NGR: SJ5274604221
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings