This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.3649 / 51°21'53"N
Longitude: -0.0049 / 0°0'17"W
OS Eastings: 538991
OS Northings: 164756
OS Grid: TQ389647
Mapcode National: GBR L8.X03
Mapcode Global: VHGRM.VYSK
Entry Name: Wickham Court
Listing Date: 28 May 1954
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1055809
English Heritage Legacy ID: 358509
Location: Bromley, London, BR4
London Borough Ward: Hayes and Coney Hall
Traditional County: Kent
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: West Wickham St John
Church of England Diocese: Southwark
LAYHAMS ROAD, WEST WICKHAM
TQ 36 SE 13/27 28.5.54.
Also known as Coloma College.
Large red brick semi-fortified house built by Sir Henry Heydon during the
reign of Edward IV. It is a square building of 3 storeys, with originally
a small open courtyard in the centre which has since been roofed in and now
contains the staircase, and octagonal turrets of 5 storeys with stone quoins
at the 4 angles. Castellated parapet to both the house and turrets.
Originally there were no windows on the outside except loop lights in the
turrets. All the windows then looked into the courtyard. But casement
windows with stone mullions were inserted in C16. Small single lights with
4-centred heads in the turrets. Porch with crow-stepped gable on the west
side added during the reign of Charles I. The east front has 4 windows,
the other fronts 3 windows each. A modern attic storey with dormer windows
has been added. Modern wing added on the South. The house was occupied by
the Lennard family from the C16 to 1833 and then passed by marriage to the
Listing NGR: TQ3899164756
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings