This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.9696 / 52°58'10"N
Longitude: -2.6841 / 2°41'2"W
OS Eastings: 354156
OS Northings: 341583
OS Grid: SJ541415
Mapcode National: GBR 7L.JVZP
Mapcode Global: WH89H.RM28
Entry Name: 25, High Street
Listing Date: 1 May 1951
Last Amended: 1 March 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1055984
English Heritage Legacy ID: 260646
Location: Whitchurch Urban, Shropshire, SY13
Civil Parish: Whitchurch Urban
Built-Up Area: Whitchurch (Shropshire)
Traditional County: Shropshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Shropshire
Church of England Parish: Whitchurch St Alkmund
Church of England Diocese: Lichfield
WHITCHURCH URBAN C.P. HIGH STREET (north-east
8/90 No. 25 (formerly listed
1.5.51 as Lloyd's Bank)
House, now bank. Dated 1753 (rainwater head). Ground floor altered
in early C20 and c.1950. Red brick with painted stone dressings. Roof
with C20 concrete tiles. 3 storeys. Chamfered quoins, frieze and
moulded cornice, and parapet with coping. Integral brick end stacks.
4 bays; glazing bar sashes (first floor with C20 imitations) with
painted stone cills and painted stone lintels with rustication and raised
keystones with moulded tops. Ground floor of c.1950 with plate-glass
window and pair of panelled doors to right. Cast square-section rainwater
head to left with festoon and moulded top; cast square section downpipe.
The rainwater head downpipe were formerly placed in the centre of the
facade (see mark on brickwork). Interior altered in early C20: 2-storey
banking hall with frieze and moulded cornice, and central beam with 2
round arches above.
Listing NGR: SJ5416341589
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings