History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Old Hall

A Grade II Listed Building in Prees, Shropshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.8976 / 52°53'51"N

Longitude: -2.6605 / 2°39'37"W

OS Eastings: 355665

OS Northings: 333553

OS Grid: SJ556335

Mapcode National: GBR 7M.PG89

Mapcode Global: WH9C1.3FCH

Entry Name: The Old Hall

Listing Date: 28 October 1960

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1056019

English Heritage Legacy ID: 260538

Location: Prees, Shropshire, SY13

County: Shropshire

Civil Parish: Prees

Traditional County: Shropshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Shropshire

Church of England Parish: Prees St Chad

Church of England Diocese: Lichfield

Find accommodation in
Coton

Listing Text

PREES C.P. MORETON STREET
SJ 5433-5533
(west side)
14/80 The Old Hall
-
28.10.60
GV II

Farmhouse, now house. Early C17, partly remodelled c.1762 with later
additions and alterations. Timber frame, now rendered to left gable
end and replaced by red brick to front; plain and machine tile roofs.
L-plan with short range to rear on left and lean-to in angle. 2 storeys
and former gable-lit attic with floor band and dentilled eaves cornice
to front. Two-window front, 3-light late C19 casements with segmental
heads. Entrance in left gable end through 4-panel door with rectangular
barred overlight in bracketed open-pedimented doorcase; contemporary
round-headed window above. Prominent red brick stack immediately in
front of ridge to right of centre with recessed panels and corbelled
top said formerly to have had initials "TB" and date"1762". Framing:
exposed to right gable end and back wall; close-set vertical posts with
long straight tension braces, V-struts from collar and double-purlin
ends. Position of infilled mullion windows visible above tie beam and
to back wall. Interior: inspection not possible at time of resurvey
(January 1986) but apparently much altered on ground floor.


Listing NGR: SJ5566533553

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.